When looking for a new condo or apartment in a bustling place like Charlestown, a vast, historic Boston neighborhood, you have plenty of options. Around the neighborhood, many Victorian brownstones and other buildings have been converted into condo and apartment buildings. Charming though they often are, such buildings are usually fairly low-key in terms of amenities. If luxury is what you're after, there are plenty of other places to find it. Learn more about Charlestown's luxury buildings, what they have to offer and how Boston City Properties can help.
In Boston, downtown is ground zero for luxury condo and apartment developments. They're found elsewhere in the city too, however, and Charlestown is no exception. Bolstered by a powerfully rebounding real estate market and economy, the neighborhood has seen the addition of several new luxury condo and apartment buildings over the last handful of years. Such buildings are unique in their own ways, but they share many things in common too. Most notably, they are loaded with laundry lists of upscale amenities. As new developments emerge, they try to one-up the others by offering newer and even better amenities. As a result, renters and buyers alike are starting to expect many of them.
So, what kinds of amenities can you expect to find at Charlestown's best luxury condo and apartment buildings? Some particularly popular examples include:
• 24/7 Concierge Service - Most people only get concierge service when staying at a nice hotel. As a resident of a luxury building in Charlestown, you may be able to enjoy it every day. Some of the most popular luxury condo and apartment buildings offer around-the-clock concierge services, which include everything from arranging dry cleaning to lining up pet care.
• Fitness Center - Apartment and condo buildings have offered on-site fitness facilities for ages. Lately, though, luxury buildings around the city have upped the ante with state-of-the-art fitness centers loaded with the latest cardio and strength-training equipment. Many even include spaces for practicing yoga, Pilates and other disciplines.
• Pets - Years ago, finding a building that allowed pets was virtually impossible. These days, some of the finest luxury buildings do everything that they can to encourage pet owners and their furry friends to move in. The best buildings have strict rules regarding pets while offering exciting pet amenities, including pet washing stations, dog runs, doggy day cares and more.
• Swimming Pools - Boston isn't known for its balmy climate, but summers can be pretty nice. What better way to enjoy them than with a swimming pool? Most luxury buildings have outdoor pools, but some have indoor pools that can be used all year long.
• Club Houses and Game Rooms - Increasingly, luxury developments have club houses, game rooms and the like where people can hang out, socialize and have fun. Many times, they include catering kitchens, so residents can throw full-fledged events right on the premises.
• Rooftop Decks - More recently, luxury buildings around Boston have drawn in tenants and buyers by offering beautiful rooftop decks and terraces. Such buildings are typically located in areas that afford incredible views of the skyline, the harbor or other memorable sights. Some buildings don't stop with offering a mere deck. In many, you'll find rooftop decks with grilling stations, lounges and even full-service bars.
• On-Site Parking - In a city like Boston, where parking is hard to come by, having a reliable place to park a vehicle is nothing short of miraculous. If you own a car, you will be glad to know that most luxury apartment and condo buildings come with on-site parking. Most have underground parking garages, but some have surface lots too. Many have electric car charging stations in their parking garages and lots as well.
• Bicycling Amenities - While drivers have it pretty rough in Boston, bike riders have it great. If you're into cycling, you'll be glad to know that bike amenities like secure bike storage and bike repair stations are increasingly being offered by luxury developments.
How to Find a Luxury Condo or Apartment in Charlestown
Finding the right luxury condo or apartment in Charlestown doesn't have to be difficult. It can certainly seem so from the outset, however, as the market throughout the city is very fast-paced and competitive. Having insider knowledge helps a lot, and you will get that by connecting with Boston City Properties. When you sign up using a simple form, we will give you free, instant access to our huge, constantly updated database of MA real estate listings. Within it, you will find listings for condos and apartments in the most popular luxury buildings in this sprawling neighborhood, so you can zero in on the perfect thing fast.
Select Charlestown to limit your search to the neighborhood. From there, adjust search filters for price range, total square footage and total beds and baths to get results that match your criteria as closely as possible. Chances are that your results will include units in some of the best-known buildings in the neighborhood, including Starboard, Flagship Wharf and The Nautica. All of the results on your list will meet your requirements, so you can browse through them with confidence.
Before you know it, you will have narrowed down your search to a few places. Boston City Properties can assist you further at this point, so get in touch with us. When you do, we will connect you with a local real estate professional in Charlestown who can answer any questions that you may have. They can also take you to check out properties on your list. When the time comes, your agent can also guide you through the rest of the process until the keys are in your hand. With help like this, getting the perfect place in that great luxury building will be as easy as can be.
At this very moment, there are dozens of great condos and apartments for sale and lease in some of the best luxury buildings in Charlestown. The sooner you start searching for your new home, the sooner you can make this historic, inviting neighborhood yours. Don't be intimidated by the hectic pace of the market. Boston City Properties has your back from start to finish. Begin right this instant by signing up for free, immediate access to our searchable real estate database. Later, call us up to be connected with a real estate expert in Charlestown who can assist you further.